IDEAS. LEADERSHIP. ACTION.
WHO WE ARE
The Aspen Institute is a community of values-driven leaders and policy experts committed to creating positive change in the world. Founded in 1949, we are a global nonprofit organization dedicated to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. The Institute is headquartered in Washington, DC, has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, offices in New York, and an international network of partners.
WHAT WE DO
The Aspen Institute drives change through ideas, leadership, and action to help solve the greatest challenges of our time:
IDEAS- We bring together thoughtful people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to identify solutions to pressing public policy issues.
LEADERSHIP- We develop a diverse, global community of values-based, leaders committed to the greater good.
ACTION- We turn ideas into impact for individuals and society.
HOW WE DO IT
The Aspen Institute fosters values-based leadership and policy expertise, encouraging individuals to reflect on the ideals and ideas that define a good society. Our organization also provides open, inclusive venues to discuss and act on critical issues.
We do this primarily through:
- More than 30 policy programs, producing in-depth research and serving as a trusted forum for analysis, consensus building, and problem-solving on a wide variety of issues.
- Dozens of leadership initiatives and fellowships, bringing together seasoned and emerging leaders,in the U.S. and abroad, to develop andapply their skills to significant challenges.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
As a guest of Aspen Meadows, you are invited toconnect more personallywith Aspen Institute.
- Learn about the history of Aspen Institute
- Register for aguided walking tour of Earthworks and Land Art by Herbert Bayer, and all on-property art exhibitions, architecture and history, from 11 am - 12 pm throughout the summer. Space is limited. Register online or call 970-925-7010.
- Attend a community event during your stay, virtually or in person.
- Join theSociety of Fellows,and enjoy unparalleled access to Institute programs, including discussion receptions, luncheons, intimate dialogues, half-day forums, and multi-day symposia featuring experts on policy and current affairs.
- Make a donation to Aspen Institute